Rocksolid Light

Welcome to Rocksolid Light

It is impossible to defend perfectly against the attack of those who want to die.

aus+uk / uk.comp.homebuilt / Re: Monitors

SubjectAuthor
* MonitorsJeff Gaines
+- Re: MonitorsAdrian Caspersz
+* Re: MonitorsIanJ
|`- Re: MonitorsIanJ
`* Re: MonitorsJeff Gaines
 `* Re: MonitorsTheo
  `* Re: MonitorsTheo
   `- Re: MonitorsJeff Gaines

1
Monitors

<xn0oi56jl2o53yy003@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4396&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4396

From: jgnewsid@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Monitors
Date: 16 Feb 2024 12:19:02 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Fri, 16 Feb 2024 12:19 UTC

I ham looking for an additional monitor and pinned it down to:

HP 24 Inch FHD Monitor - V24ie G5, Full HD IPS, 75hz Refresh Rate

LG Electronics Monitor 24MR400-B, 24 Inch, Full HD 1080p, 100Hz, 5ms GtG,
IPS Panel,

Dell SE2422HX 24 Inch Full HD (1920x1080) Monitor, 75Hz, VA, 5ms

Anybody have any views? I'm inclined to go for the LG because of the
refresh rate.

The HP has HDMI and DP, the others HDMI and VGA - yes VGA in 2024!

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Did you know on the Canary Islands there is not one canary?

Re: Monitors

<l393h7Fhd8sU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4398&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4398

From: email@here.invalid (Adrian Caspersz)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Re: Monitors
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 12:42:15 +0000
 by: Adrian Caspersz - Fri, 16 Feb 2024 12:42 UTC

On 16/02/2024 12:19, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> I ham looking for an additional monitor and pinned it down to:
>
> HP 24 Inch FHD Monitor - V24ie G5, Full HD IPS, 75hz Refresh Rate
>
> LG Electronics Monitor 24MR400-B, 24 Inch, Full HD 1080p, 100Hz, 5ms
> GtG, IPS Panel,
>
> Dell SE2422HX 24 Inch Full HD (1920x1080) Monitor, 75Hz, VA, 5ms
>

> Anybody have any views? I'm inclined to go for the LG because of the
> refresh rate.
>
> The HP has HDMI and DP, the others HDMI and VGA - yes VGA in 2024!

HP 24 inch monitor just failed in the office.

It lived for 10 years!

--
Adrian C

Re: Monitors

<uqq94e$db6m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4403&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4403

From: SPAMian_jones_01@yahoo.co.uk (IanJ)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 12:34:23 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: ronin <ronin@fugu.contractcoder.biz>
 by: IanJ - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 12:34 UTC

I have been enjoying my ASUS ProArt 24" PA248QV for the last 3 years.

It has a resolution of 1980x1200, very good colour accuracy and an IPS
pannel (vga, hdmi and displayport connectivity). It also comes with a
height adjustable stand.

Maybe worth a look ...

Jeff Gaines <jgnewsid@outlook.com> wrote:

> Anybody have any views? I'm inclined to go for the LG because of the
> refresh rate.
>
> The HP has HDMI and DP, the others HDMI and VGA - yes VGA in 2024!

--

IanJ

gopher://gopher.icu

Re: Monitors

<uqq995$db6m$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4404&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4404

From: SPAMian_jones_01@yahoo.co.uk (IanJ)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 12:36:53 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: ronin <ronin@fugu.contractcoder.biz>
 by: IanJ - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 12:36 UTC

Apologies, 1920x1200.

IanJ <SPAMian_jones_01@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I have been enjoying my ASUS ProArt 24" PA248QV for the last 3 years.
>
> It has a resolution of 1980x1200, very good colour accuracy and an IPS
> pannel (vga, hdmi and displayport connectivity). It also comes with a
> height adjustable stand.
>
> Maybe worth a look ...
>
> Jeff Gaines <jgnewsid@outlook.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anybody have any views? I'm inclined to go for the LG because of the
>> refresh rate.
>>
>> The HP has HDMI and DP, the others HDMI and VGA - yes VGA in 2024!

--

IanJ

gopher://gopher.icu

Re: Monitors

<xn0oi6orp48l45o007@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4405&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4405

From: jgnewsid@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: 17 Feb 2024 14:39:11 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 14:39 UTC

On 16/02/2024 in message <xn0oi56jl2o53yy003@news.individual.net> Jeff
Gaines wrote:

>Anybody have any views?

I went for a slightly bigger Dell - 29", 1920 x 1080. Brilliant for my
aging eyes and the first monitor I have had where I have to actually turn
my head to see the whole screen! Arrived an hour or so ago and working
brilliantly with my Mac Mini M1. I can run MainStage or Garageband and
have the music in Foxit up front.

I need a wheeled table to take monitor, Mac, typing keyboard and MIDI
keyboard. I want to use it sitting on the settee (or whatever it's called
nowadays) and a 55 cm cube would be ideal. My wheeled computer trolley is
about 10- cm too high and would be a pig to resize.

I've found lots the right area but too low or too high, any suggestions
where too look would be appreciated!

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
If it's not broken, mess around with it until it is

Re: Monitors

<8Nn*mpdDz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4406&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4406

From: theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: 17 Feb 2024 15:22:24 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Theo - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 15:22 UTC

Jeff Gaines <jgnewsid@outlook.com> wrote:
> I need a wheeled table to take monitor, Mac, typing keyboard and MIDI
> keyboard. I want to use it sitting on the settee (or whatever it's called
> nowadays) and a 55 cm cube would be ideal. My wheeled computer trolley is
> about 10- cm too high and would be a pig to resize.
>
> I've found lots the right area but too low or too high, any suggestions
> where too look would be appreciated!

Ikea Lack table, £10, 55x55x45cm. Fit some 10cm tall castors and that would
do it.
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/lack-side-table-white-30449908/
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/rill-braked-castor-grey-56820000/

For bonus points you can fit rackmount equipment underneath:
https://boingboing.net/2020/08/14/lack-rack-ikeas-cheapest-ta.html

Theo

Re: Monitors

<-Nn*GJdDz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4407&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4407

From: theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: 17 Feb 2024 16:49:07 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Theo - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 16:49 UTC

Theo <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> Ikea Lack table, £10, 55x55x45cm. Fit some 10cm tall castors and that would
> do it.
> https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/lack-side-table-white-30449908/
> https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/rill-braked-castor-grey-56820000/
>
> For bonus points you can fit rackmount equipment underneath:
> https://boingboing.net/2020/08/14/lack-rack-ikeas-cheapest-ta.html

Actually, I'd be tempted to buy two Lack tables and fit the top of the
second one at the bottom of the legs of the other, making a flat shelf just
off the floor (as in some of the LackRack pictures). It gives an extra
shelf and makes it a sturdy frame, while the bare table legs are probably
not designed to be waggled as it's dragged around on castors.

I think the top is about 5cm thick so some 7cm castors:
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/alex-castor-black-10480607/
would only be 2cm above your height budget.

You could also do this is another flat piece of wood too, which would save
some height (eg 18mm MDF).

Theo

Re: Monitors

<xn0oi71jk4pxahz008@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4408&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4408

From: jgnewsid@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: 17 Feb 2024 22:44:34 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 22:44 UTC

On 17/02/2024 in message <-Nn*GJdDz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk> Theo wrote:

>Theo <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>>Ikea Lack table, £10, 55x55x45cm. Fit some 10cm tall castors and that
>>would
>>do it.
>>https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/lack-side-table-white-30449908/
>>https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/rill-braked-castor-grey-56820000/
>>
>>For bonus points you can fit rackmount equipment underneath:
>>https://boingboing.net/2020/08/14/lack-rack-ikeas-cheapest-ta.html
>
>Actually, I'd be tempted to buy two Lack tables and fit the top of the
>second one at the bottom of the legs of the other, making a flat shelf just
>off the floor (as in some of the LackRack pictures). It gives an extra
>shelf and makes it a sturdy frame, while the bare table legs are probably
>not designed to be waggled as it's dragged around on castors.
>
>I think the top is about 5cm thick so some 7cm castors:
>https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/alex-castor-black-10480607/
>would only be 2cm above your height budget.
>
>You could also do this is another flat piece of wood too, which would save
>some height (eg 18mm MDF).
>
>Theo

Many thanks, Theo. your Google fu is so much better than mine :-)

I think one of those would be fine, especially as I've always waned a rack
mounted server with dozens of drives - I have no use for dozens of drives,
just always fancied one!

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
I was standing in the park wondering why Frisbees got bigger as they get

aus+uk / uk.comp.homebuilt / Re: Monitors

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor