From: Rich80105@hotmail.com (Rich80105)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Subject: Interest deduction for Landlords
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 15:45:32 +1300
 by: Rich80105 - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 02:45 UTC

An interesting argument from the USA:
http://werewolf.co.nz/2024/03/gordon-campbell-on-the-us-opposition-to-mortgage-interest-deductibility-for-landlords/

Re: Interest deduction for Landlords

<l6pevfFc5ipU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5197&group=nz.general#5197

From: Gordon@leaf.net.nz (Gordon)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Subject: Re: Interest deduction for Landlords
Date: 30 Mar 2024 03:24:32 GMT
 by: Gordon - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 03:24 UTC

On 2024-03-30, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:
> An interesting argument from the USA:
> http://werewolf.co.nz/2024/03/gordon-campbell-on-the-us-opposition-to-mortgage-interest-deductibility-for-landlords/

To not allow mortgage interest deductibility will increase rents and it will
also be illocical, as in all other businesses the costs of running the
business is allows to dedcut its costs to get the taxable income.

Running a rental agency is a business.

If you/we/the Government wish to restrain the bad points that are happening
we need to take action which will pull on the landlords excess profits
without pushing up the rentals or reducing housing stock for rent.

Sure it probably needs to be done and it is sure a challenge,

Re: Interest deduction for Landlords

<kl5f0j1ntt2rjr1d9400b5j6edvdttkihb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5198&group=nz.general#5198

From: Rich80105@hotmail.com (Rich80105)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:43:01 +1300
 by: Rich80105 - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 04:43 UTC

On 30 Mar 2024 03:24:32 GMT, Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:

>On 2024-03-30, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> An interesting argument from the USA:
>> http://werewolf.co.nz/2024/03/gordon-campbell-on-the-us-opposition-to-mortgage-interest-deductibility-for-landlords/
>>
>To not allow mortgage interest deductibility will increase rents and it will
>also be illocical, as in all other businesses the costs of running the
>business is allows to dedcut its costs to get the taxable income.
>
>Running a rental agency is a business.
>
>If you/we/the Government wish to restrain the bad points that are happening
>we need to take action which will pull on the landlords excess profits
>without pushing up the rentals or reducing housing stock for rent.
>
>Sure it probably needs to be done and it is sure a challenge,

From the article:
As Bloomberg News summarised the situation:

"…It is certainly not helping the housing market, first-time
home-buyers or the federal government’s fiscal health to subsidize the
debt of high-income households at a steep cost. The US Treasury
Department estimates the deduction — even at a reduced level with
fewer claimants — will cost just under $600 billion between 2019-2028.
There’s many ways that money could be re-purposed to help renters,
first-time buyers, or even put toward expanding the supply of housing
— all things the deduction doesn’t help currently."

We will have to wait to see of course, but can you think of any reason
why a landlord would lower rents if there are enough people wanting to
rent at current prices - or even more if there is a shortage?

I note that quite a few building companies have folded since National
was elected - have they stopped work on state house building and
refurbishment that was making good progress over the last three years?

There may well be a journalist who has already spoken to some of the
tenants at Christopher Luxon's rental properties to find out when the
next rent review is due - and waiting to see whether it goes up or
down . . .

Re: Interest deduction for Landlords

<part1of1.1.dhdwpgrKY2Di5w@ue.ph>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5199&group=nz.general#5199

From: lizandtony@orcon.net.nz (Tony)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 05:43:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Tony - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 05:43 UTC

Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 30 Mar 2024 03:24:32 GMT, Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
>
>>On 2024-03-30, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> An interesting argument from the USA:
>>>
>>>http://werewolf.co.nz/2024/03/gordon-campbell-on-the-us-opposition-to-mortgage-interest-deductibility-for-landlords/
>>>
>>To not allow mortgage interest deductibility will increase rents and it will
>>also be illocical, as in all other businesses the costs of running the
>>business is allows to dedcut its costs to get the taxable income.
>>
>>Running a rental agency is a business.
>>
>>If you/we/the Government wish to restrain the bad points that are happening
>>we need to take action which will pull on the landlords excess profits
>>without pushing up the rentals or reducing housing stock for rent.
>>
>>Sure it probably needs to be done and it is sure a challenge,
>>

>From the article:
> As Bloomberg News summarised the situation:
>
>"�It is certainly not helping the housing market, first-time
>home-buyers or the federal government�s fiscal health to subsidize the
>debt of high-income households at a steep cost. The US Treasury
>Department estimates the deduction � even at a reduced level with
>fewer claimants � will cost just under $600 billion between 2019-2028.
>There�s many ways that money could be re-purposed to help renters,
>first-time buyers, or even put toward expanding the supply of housing
>� all things the deduction doesn�t help currently."
>
>We will have to wait to see of course, but can you think of any reason
>why a landlord would lower rents if there are enough people wanting to
>rent at current prices - or even more if there is a shortage?
>
>I note that quite a few building companies have folded since National
>was elected
Even more went to the wall directly because of the Covid lockdowns and whet
followed.
> - have they stopped work on state house building and
>refurbishment that was making good progress over the last three years?
Have they? Do you have an answer?

>There may well be a journalist who has already spoken to some of the
>tenants at Christopher Luxon's rental properties to find out when the
>next rent review is due - and waiting to see whether it goes up or
>down.

Re: Interest deduction for Landlords

<ivgf0jtl6hmhaht1fjtr542d18jllehrbt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5202&group=nz.general#5202

From: Rich80105@hotmail.com (Rich80105)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 21:53:44 +1300
 by: Rich80105 - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 08:53 UTC

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 05:43:09 -0000 (UTC), Tony
<lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

>Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>>To not allow mortgage interest deductibility will increase rents and it will
>>>also be illocical, as in all other businesses the costs of running the
>>>business is allows to dedcut its costs to get the taxable income.
>>>
>>>Running a rental agency is a business.
>>>
>>>If you/we/the Government wish to restrain the bad points that are happening
>>>we need to take action which will pull on the landlords excess profits
>>>without pushing up the rentals or reducing housing stock for rent.
>>>
>>>Sure it probably needs to be done and it is sure a challenge,
>>>

>>From the article:
>> As Bloomberg News summarised the situation:
>>
>>"…It is certainly not helping the housing market, first-time
>>home-buyers or the federal government’s fiscal health to subsidize the
>>debt of high-income households at a steep cost. The US Treasury
>>Department estimates the deduction — even at a reduced level with
>>fewer claimants — will cost just under $600 billion between 2019-2028.
>>There’s many ways that money could be re-purposed to help renters,
>>first-time buyers, or even put toward expanding the supply of housing
>>— all things the deduction doesn’t help currently."
>>
>>We will have to wait to see of course, but can you think of any reason
>>why a landlord would lower rents if there are enough people wanting to
>>rent at current prices - or even more if there is a shortage?
>>
>>I note that quite a few building companies have folded since National
>>was elected
>Even more went to the wall directly because of the Covid lockdowns and whet
>followed.

Rubbish - relatively few collapsed at that time because there was
government support. Now with spending stopping from Government in a
wide range of areas, as well as stoppages in Auckland, and many how
may have thought of home improvements not battening down spending due
to anticipating lower incomes and higher living costs, we are seeing
closures of quite a few building companies. The increased rate of
closures was on the news recently.

>> - have they stopped work on state house building and
>>refurbishment that was making good progress over the last three years?
>Have they? Do you have an answer?
>>
>>There may well be a journalist who has already spoken to some of the
>>tenants at Christopher Luxon's rental properties to find out when the
>>next rent review is due - and waiting to see whether it goes up or
>>down.

Re: Interest deduction for Landlords

<part1of1.1.2YKLaMfY2AmW0w@ue.ph>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5203&group=nz.general#5203

From: lizandtony@orcon.net.nz (Tony)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 19:31:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Tony - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 19:31 UTC

Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 05:43:09 -0000 (UTC), Tony
><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
>
>>Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>>From the article:
>>> As Bloomberg News summarised the situation:
>>>
>>>"�It is certainly not helping the housing market, first-time
>>>home-buyers or the federal government�s fiscal health to subsidize the
>>>debt of high-income households at a steep cost. The US Treasury
>>>Department estimates the deduction � even at a reduced level with
>>>fewer claimants � will cost just under $600 billion between 2019-2028.
>>>There�s many ways that money could be re-purposed to help renters,
>>>first-time buyers, or even put toward expanding the supply of housing
>>>� all things the deduction doesn�t help currently."
>>>
>>>We will have to wait to see of course, but can you think of any reason
>>>why a landlord would lower rents if there are enough people wanting to
>>>rent at current prices - or even more if there is a shortage?
>>>
>>>I note that quite a few building companies have folded since National
>>>was elected
>>Even more went to the wall directly because of the Covid lockdowns and whet
>>followed.
>
>Rubbish - relatively few collapsed at that time because there was
>government support. Now with spending stopping from Government in a
>wide range of areas, as well as stoppages in Auckland, and many how
>may have thought of home improvements not battening down spending due
>to anticipating lower incomes and higher living costs, we are seeing
>closures of quite a few building companies. The increased rate of
>closures was on the news recently.
Nonsense. Posted with zero evidence as usual. Post some evidence of polich you
hairless bonce.

>>> - have they stopped work on state house building and
>>>refurbishment that was making good progress over the last three years?
>>Have they? Do you have an answer?
>>>
>>>There may well be a journalist who has already spoken to some of the
>>>tenants at Christopher Luxon's rental properties to find out when the
>>>next rent review is due - and waiting to see whether it goes up or
>>>down.

Re: Interest deduction for Landlords

<nkgh0jte51ft56jl66q2733befqinhnam5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5204&group=nz.general#5204

From: Rich80105@hotmail.com (Rich80105)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 15:04:13 +1300
 by: Rich80105 - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 02:04 UTC

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 19:31:24 -0000 (UTC), Tony
<lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

>Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 05:43:09 -0000 (UTC), Tony
>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

>>>Even more went to the wall directly because of the Covid lockdowns and whet
>>>followed.
>>
>>Rubbish - relatively few collapsed at that time because there was
>>government support. Now with spending stopping from Government in a
>>wide range of areas, as well as stoppages in Auckland, and many how
>>may have thought of home improvements not battening down spending due
>>to anticipating lower incomes and higher living costs, we are seeing
>>closures of quite a few building companies. The increased rate of
>>closures was on the news recently.
>Nonsense. Posted with zero evidence as usual. Post some evidence of polich you
>hairless bonce.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2023/04/building-construction-companies-under-stress-as-more-go-into-liquidation.html
May you choke on your polich . . .

>>>Have they? Do you have an answer?

Re: Interest deduction for Landlords

<part1of1.1.c0$9xn1v0Pewwg@ue.ph>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5205&group=nz.general#5205

From: lizandtony@orcon.net.nz (Tony)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 02:13:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Tony - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 02:13 UTC

Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 19:31:24 -0000 (UTC), Tony
><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
>
>>Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>>Rubbish - relatively few collapsed at that time because there was
>>>government support. Now with spending stopping from Government in a
>>>wide range of areas, as well as stoppages in Auckland, and many how
>>>may have thought of home improvements not battening down spending due
>>>to anticipating lower incomes and higher living costs, we are seeing
>>>closures of quite a few building companies. The increased rate of
>>>closures was on the news recently.
>>Nonsense. Posted with zero evidence as usual. Post some evidence of polich
>>you
>>hairless bonce.
>
>https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2023/04/building-construction-companies-under-stress-as-more-go-into-liquidation.html
>May you choke on your polich . . .
You childish little moron - do you ever make typos? Of course you do - but
unlike you the rest of us are above pointing it out.
Still no evidence to support your babylike guesses in this post however.
Typical lies then!

aus+uk / nz.general / Interest deduction for Landlords

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor